Get familiar with the Microsoft Accessibility Checker [official guide].
Use it as a guide when designing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Files.
PowerPoint Quick Tips
- Distribute your slide deck ahead of time.
- Choose built-in slide layouts. Text boxes you add to layouts will not appear in Outline View.
- Use the Slide Master to modify slide layouts.
- Add alt text to all graphics.
- Use captions for complex graphics.
- Give each slide a unique title even if it’s a continuation of the previous slide.
- Make sure embedded videos include closed or open captions. Use .VTT format in PowerPoint.
- Use the Reading Order panel by arranging objects from bottom to top.
- Ensure links are descriptive.
- Use 24pt-28pt minimum text formatting.
- Include table headers.
- Use the 7x7 rule: no more than seven bullets or seven lines of text per slide, and no more than seven words per line.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Accessibility Essentials, recorded workshop [video]
- Make your PowerPoint Presentations Accessible [official guide]
- PowerPoint Accessibility [article]